Our bodies need protein to build muscle and repair them when needed. Many individuals get protein in the form of meats from cows, pigs and poultry plus eggs.
However, you can also get protein from other food items like legumes, and then we have supplements like protein powders; many now depend on getting additional protein from such products.
Protein Powder and Water: How Much Water Do You Mix With Protein Powder
It is a pretty versatile supplement since protein powder can be prepared as shakes and smoothies and it can be sprinkled on other foods as well. You may have wondered on the proper methods to prepare it though and asked questions like how much water do you mix with protein powder. This article will discuss the ways to properly prepare protein powder with liquids.
Here is what you need to do. First you must gather all the items needed before starting the process. For this method, we are going to use the following ingredients and materials:
- Protein powder of your choice
- A measuring cup
- Liquid of your choice (water, milk etc.)
- Wire whisk, spoon, fork, blender or any mixing device
- Your choice fruits
- Ice cubes (optional)
1. First, you need to read and understand the information provided on the label of the protein powder. You will find the number of scoops required for every serving. There are products that will recommend a single scoop, while others will suggest at least 2 scoops. The amount of water or any liquid needed for the beverage will also be listed on the label.
2. Choose the liquid that will suit your taste and your dietary requirements. Take into consideration the protein powder’s flavor, your preferred texture, the temperature and whether you want to restrict calorie and carb intake. You can add other liquids to it apart from water, like milk, juices, tea, coffee, even yogurt and pudding.
3. Select the mixing device that you want to use, whether you want a whisk, spoon, fork or blender. If you want an ordinary, no-fuss shake, you can use a fork, spoon or a shaker cup to prepare your protein powder. However, if you want to add more solid ingredients like fruits, you must use a blender.
4. Measure your choice liquid in a bowl, glass, the shaker cup or the blender. Keep track of the instructions on the label. You can also modify the quantity in case you want to have a thinner or thicker consistency.
5. Add half of the correct quantity of protein powder to the container of your choice in case the liquid is at room temperature or cold. If you want to mix the powder with soup, hot tea or coffee, just dispense a tiny quantity of lukewarm water into an individual glass to create a paste prior to adding the powder to the liquid.
6. Mix or stir with the mixing device of your choice for several seconds. If you are using a shaker cup, close its top and shake rapidly. If you are using a blender, make sure to use the blend setting for several seconds. Allow the mixture to rest for a minute, then mix the remaining powder into the container.
Mix, shake or blend the mixture till all lumps have disappeared. There are powders that dissolve easily compared to other products so keep on with the blending, stirring or shaking till the mixture is quite smooth. Add warm liquids to the powder paste mixture and mix using a spoon.
7. You can also add your preferred fruit and ice cubes for a smoothie, which is best done with a blender to obtain a smooth consistency. If you are trying to cut down on carbs in your diet, you can always make do with water. This goes the same for fat. If you want something fat-free, opt for water as the liquid for your protein powder beverage. You can follow the instructions on how much water you should mix with protein powder.
But in case you want muscle mass gain, make sure to choose milk. Milk comes with 20% whey and 80% casein and they are both excellent-quality proteins. Milk can help in building lean muscle mass, which comes with lots of health advantages from lowering chronic disease risks and controlling weight.
Then again, whether you select water or milk for your protein powder, it is excellent when the results of your effort are delicious and filling.